At the risk of wearying everyone with basketball posts, I also had to note that our little Rowan has also become crazy for basketball this month. Aside from the other sicknesses he's been fighting this month, he also has a case of March Madness.
He's always loved balls of all kinds, and he's also very observant of his brother who loves to shoot baskets. We started holding Rowan up to let him dunk in Davin's bigger basket, and he loved it. A couple of weeks ago I bought another basket to hang on our cabinets lower down where Rowan could stand on his own to shoot the ball. I thought this might help him develop the muscles he needs to learn to walk (standing, bending down to pick up his ball, etc.).
Now he spends a good portion of the day chasing balls and trying to dunk in his little basket. We just supply the equipment, it's these little guys who become obsessed with the balls. Nevertheless, I think it has been a positive thing for Rowan as well. He started taking a few little steps yesterday with Katie, and he's continuing to progress. He'll be running and shooting with Davin soon enough. I won't say it's all because of basketball (just like Davin praying isn't all because of basketball), but I think it has played a small part in helping Rowan learn to do something new.
Comments
Tiff
Oh, and Paela loves balls too.
Paela loves balls, but she would rather carry them or kick them, not so much throw them. Kicking them is the best and is guaranteed to make her giggle. She's gonna be a socc-ah play-ah!