
It must be this time of year, because I seem to do a post about this time on the wacky things in our backyard. Today I found this beautiful little goldfinch perched in my basil. He has visited us a few times and I’m hoping he comes back.
Later this afternoon, I found this huge spider (about as big as my palm) near my car. Before I could panic, I noticed this black wasp-like insect coming after me, so I stepped back a little. Feeling like it had taken care of the threat, the wasp went back to its prey, the huge spider. The spider was either dead or immobilized, because the wasp grabbed it by the head and proceeded to drag it across my driveway several feet to the grass on the other side. I'll be happy if both the spider and the wasp find another place to play.

Comments