It was an event long anticipated, even by the incoming tooth. Davin’s first tooth finally gave up its effort to remain firmly planted in the bottom front row. I took a few pictures to celebrate the event, but you can’t really tell the tooth is missing as the new one is already in. Davin was very excited to lose the tooth, especially since he was able to take it out on his own terms.
Regarding tooth fairies, I’m not really a fan. I’m super excited about Santa Claus, happy to include the Easter Bunny (though he visits us on Saturday instead of Sunday), but the Tooth Fairy seems a little weird to me so I decided to forgo this tradition in our house. I never mentioned the little bug to Davin; instead I decided to meet him with full honestly but not diminish the value of the bribe. I told him that I would give him a dollar for his tooth, clean and simple. He was very excited about the prospect and eagerly reminded me of my promise as soon as the tooth was out, which I happily obliged. Then he informed us that he was going to put his tooth under his pillow. Apparently there are more influences in his life (i.e. teachers, friends, random people watching him wiggle his tooth) that reinforced the myth and there was no escaping the tooth rites that invoke the sympathies of the cash carrying nymph. In Davin’s world, this seemed like a great business deal: get one dollar from Mom and another from the fairy. Done!
Fortunately Davin has no idea how many dollars are in his dollar jar at the moment and this tooth is no two dollar tooth (did you see the size of that thing? It is tiny! I’m thinking maybe a 50 cent raise for a molar, but that’s it!).
The plan is that later tonight, I’m raiding the dollar jar and putting the same dollar under his pillow. The plan for the future: welcome to the Rees household, Tooth Fairy.



Comments
I love all your stories Katie!