Last week we had the great opportunity to catch a few bugs. Yes, I am being facetious. Fortunately the bugs were not insects crawling around our house. Chris will testify that I am not a fan of bugs in the house, particularly ants. Unfortunately I am referring to the viral sort of bugs, the kind of bugs that invade your system and compromise your ability to act normally (well, at least less normally than the Reeses normally act). Davin woke up one day with a cough which later developed into a fever, a couple of days of being sleepy on the couch, and a couple of days being cranky and full of cabin fever. Rowan picked up the cough a few days later, but fortunately avoided the fever and crankiness. Chris, who usually has the immune system of a rock, even managed to catch this one as well. Bugs combined with gray January weather led to a small house full of people sick of being in it, sick of each other, and sick of being sick. The last straw was when my computer caught a bug too! Yes, even computers are susceptible to disease. Having recently lost my laptop to some massive failure, I was not excited to learn that my desktop had also been compromised. My cousin sent me a message on my MSN messenger to click on a link and look at a picture. She is often sending me similar invitations so I accepted without thinking. The message disappeared and nothing happened. I forgot about it until Chris called me the next day asking if I had sent him a picture to look at on his messenger. We realized instantly that there was a virus. The sneaky thing had sent messages to everyone on my list of contacts, inviting them to look at a picture or video. Once opened, the virus runs a phish program on your computer, looking for bank account passwords and user names. (If you have received a similar invitation from someone on your list, consider running your spyware to check for bugs too.) I am happy to report that we are all having better health, even my computer.
The title of this blog also happens to be the name of our new baby. Rowan Isaac. Rowan is a Celtic name that means "little red one", and Isaac is a Hebrew name that means laughter. His initials (RIR) also spell the Portuguese verb "to laugh". So hopefully he will be a fun kid. We think he is already. He arrived today, November 28, 2007 at 2:15 pm (or thereabouts - I'll have to check the exact time). Both he and Katie are doing fine and resting a bit. He weighs 9 lbs, 2 oz., and as you can see from the picture, he has beautiful blond hair. He is a good little boy so far, and we're excited to have him in our family. Davin is with our good friends, the Smiths, this afternoon, but we think he understands a bit and is excited to meet his new little brother later this afternoon. We would like to thank you all for your love and your prayers, and hopefully we'll get a chance to talk to and see many of you soon so you can meet our little guy. If you want to see m...
Comments